Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing

To: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 15:03:34 -0500
I've used these self aligning bearings similar to this for 40 years with very
large antennas and have never had an issue.  I have had issues with official
thrust bearings like TB3.  I usually put a heavy duty muffler clamp between the
top of the bearing and the antenna as I don't trust the set screws.

http://www.bearingson.com/category/4-bolt_flanges/cast_iron_4-bolt_flanges/ucf_series/2_4-bolt_flange_bearings_ucf_210-32.asp?page=2&SortType=0

I have never bought from this company but they are probably all alike in that
price range and made in China.

I think I might buy the 2-1/16 one instead for a two inch mast.

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad