Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing

To: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 00:54:05 -0400
Hi Bob,

If you're considering replacing your thrust bearing with an eye towards keeping the bearing's grease out of the direct sunlight and rain, Oatey makes a roofing flange that can easily be configured to fit around your mast, just above the bearing.

The part is made by Oatey and it's P/N is '14052 Master Flash'. It's available at Amazon and Ebay, among others - *http://tinyurl.com/nu63zq4*

The supplied malleable metal base can quickly be trimmed off of it as it's not needed, leaving the remaining product to be trimmed to the proper mast diameter (graduated scales, molded in). I've used a filet of GE Silicone II above and below to permanently attach it to the mast.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC