Re: [TowerTalk] G5RV vs 40M dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G5RV vs 40M dipole
From: WA8JXM <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 22:20:15 -0400
I strongly agree with bending the ends in whatever direction works. My novice antenna was a 40/80 fan dipole with the 80m ends bent way back beyond 90 degrees. It worked.

Another approach would the a shorter, open wire or ladder line fed dipole. I believe L.B. Cebik wrote well of an 88' dipole covering 80m and up, so a 44' dipole should do well on 40 and up.

Ken WA8JXM