Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: G5RV vs 40M dipole

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: G5RV vs 40M dipole
From: Bry Carling <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 13:51:01 -0400
Yes there is no way a monster fan dipole would work here. Small lot. I did try
one and it was too obtrusive as well as high SWR on every band contradicting
all theory. First I have heard of using any "choke bead" for a G5RV. If it's
getting hot then it's wasting a lot of your RF power.

Best regards - Brian Carling
AF4K Crystals Co.
117 Sterling Pine St.
Sanford, FL 32773