[TowerTalk] SteppIR Motor Replacement?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Motor Replacement?
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 22:48:33 -0400
All:

It appears that one of the motors on my 3 element SteppIR has failed. I noticed the SWR had shifted badly on several bands so I thought it might need recalibrating. During the calibration process, I heard what appeared to be the sound of a jammed motor similar to what a jammed electric drill might sound like.

My guess is that the motor itself might be fine, but it could be the beryllium-copper element that's damaged or possibly a broken sprocket. Whatever the case maybe, I might need a new motor and was wondering if any one has priced them?

My antenna is about 13 years old - hope it's worth investing in.

Tony