[TowerTalk] HyGain T3TDK Trap Traveler Tri band rotatable dipole

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HyGain T3TDK Trap Traveler Tri band rotatable dipole
From: "Jim Pruitt" <wa7duy@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 22:56:11 -0700
I wonder if anyone would have information on the Hygain T3 loading coil used in the HyGain T3TDK Trap Traveler triband dipole as listed on page 403 of the 1961 Allied catalog:
http://www.alliedcatalogs.com/html/1961-200/hr403.html

A friend tried to repair my Trap Traveler for me but was unable to do so. As a result I am looking for the T3 "loading coil" that was used in each half of the dipole as it was billed in the Allied catalog. I have been unable to find any information on that T3 coil. I know it is a coil but has a capacitor that appears to be made up of a piece of metal tubing and a piece of coax in it so value can not be very high but no information on it. Would anyone have any information on that loading coil or possibly have a pair they would be willing to part with?

That Trap Traveler must not have been very popular as I have only heard of a handful ever in existance and yet I think there were more than that!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY