Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax choices ?

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax choices ?
From: Mark Spencer <mspencer12345@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:59:26 -0700
Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.  Re the length I typically run the
"rotor loop" all the way to the antenna feed point (rather than just using it
to by pass the rotor.)

The suggestion to use short rotor loops does have a lot of merit if I am going
to buy RG 214 style coax or something similar.

I'll ponder the shielding issue some more.   Using high quality RG 213 style
coax from before the rotor to the antenna feed point may well be the way to go
if I don't want to pay for the double shielded cable with silver covered
conductors.

Best regards
Mark S

VE7AFZ