Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Antenna near chimney - bad idea?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Antenna near chimney - bad idea?
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 08:06:05 -0500
Radical Shaft (Radio Shack?) and other outlets used to sell chimney mounts expressly for putting (usually) TV antennas on the chimney. I always thought it was a scam to sell more antennas, coax or 300 Ohm lead, and the little 300/75 Ohm baluns by luring in the gullible by appealing to their lazy nature and or ignorance.

Hey, Radio Shack sells it for antennas so it must be OK, huh?

Oh my how the mighty have fallen... A once proud purveyor of supplies and equipment for CBers , electronic hobbyists, and hams with stores often managed by Hams and then later also by computer hobbyists, now reduced to a failing boutique for cell phones run by folks who can't tell the difference between a resistor and a transistor. The end of a era.

Patrick  NJ5G