Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Antenna near chimney - bad idea?

To: patrick_g@windstream.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Antenna near chimney - bad idea?
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 10:22:19 -0400
There was a time before cable tv that nearly all tv antennas were installed
 using a chimney mount. These mounts are inexpensive and no risk of
creating a  roof leak compared to other support methods.

Yes, the antenna will collect soot but for most people it will still work
well enough to get the local tv channels. Not everyone actually uses their
chimney for the original purpose; I can't remember the last time we had a
fire  blazing in our fireplace. Too much hassle dealing with the ashes I guess.

Chimney mounts have become hard to find. Ebay seems to be the best source
these days.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 7/2/2015 8:10:35 A.M. Central Daylight Time,