Re: [TowerTalk] guy posts math

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy posts math
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 20:06:57 -0400
Why does he want them this high? To do it correctly the post and concrete
need to be professionally engineered.  According to mechanical engineer
K5IU, elevated anchors require many yards of concrete per anchor and a lot
of steel.  They are expensive! I used 4' high anchors made from I-Beams at
my P40A QTH when I needed them to clear the house roof. I use Rohn buried
anchors at my home station and the guys wires are only low close the anchor.
I do not see this as an issue. I can easily cut the lawn around the anchors
and cables with my John Deere zero turn 72" mower and the anchors are not in
an area where anyone normally walks.

John KK9A