Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Inductor Design and Voltage Breakdown

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Inductor Design and Voltage Breakdown
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:35:29 +0100
Jim,

This one may be of interest:
http://hamwaves.com/antennas/inductance.html

It's the most accurate I've found. To quote the web page:

"The inductor calculator presented on this page is unique in that it /employs the n=0 sheath helix waveguide mode to determine the inductance of a coil,/ irrespective of its electrical length. This allows for more accurate inductance predictions at high frequencies. Furthermore, /the calculator closely follows the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) methodology/ for applying round wire and non-uniformity correction factors and /takes into account both the proximity effect and the skin effect."

/Good luck!

Steve G3TXQ/

/