Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for good source of 20 ft mast

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for good source of 20 ft mast
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 23:27:51 -0400
It may take me a few days to check, but a local ham (now a SK) had, I believe 4 stock sections. He planned on mounting the rotator at the bottom of a 25G (IO believe stock is 24')b ut they were so heavy that I convinced him to install a separate mount for the rotator on its own foundation. Unfortunately, IIRC they exceeded the load limit for the rotator. 2" with 0.5" wall was so heavy, it seems IIRC I could not lit one end of a section. At that time I could press 150#, military, or bench.

At-any-rate, if it wasn't sold as part of the estate. His wife is a ham and may still have them. I'll check if you are interested. Shipping from MI would probably be as much as a whole tower, as I say, they are heavy! If they are still around, I'm sure the price would be right. Bill had one whale of a station. I spent 8 hours on his tower working on that monster ant. I's sure it was sold.

73

Roger (K8RI)
.