Re: [TowerTalk] Steady Hand On The Stick Wow!!!!!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Steady Hand On The Stick Wow!!!!!
From: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:28:20 -0400
The guys on that video were at least somewhat protected inside the tube.

Some years back, they erected a 964' lattice type tower in sections using a Sikorsky Sky Crane in Cincinnati.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tower#/media/File:StarTower.JPG

Our offices were about a half mile away and at times we could watch the contruction. I cannot imagine being up on that partially built tower depending on a helicopter to hold it steady while they bolted the sections together! One little shift in the wind.....

Ken WA8JXM