Re: [TowerTalk] Max antenna weight

To: "w8qwdave@casair.net" <w8qwdave@casair.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Max antenna weight
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 17:05:13 -0800
The problem with HyGain yagis in general is that they are not torque balanced.
So the antenna is constantly beating against the brake (or the drive system if
turning) if there is any wind blowing. I have a F12 5 el 20 on one of my T2Xs,
but it is torque balanced so it has no problem turning in any kind of wind.

But as mentioned, HyGain says it will work so no worries.

Ken K6MR