Re: [TowerTalk] Max antenna weight

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Max antenna weight
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 22:34:08 -0500
It makes no difference if you have seven sections or thirty sections of
Rohn 45, none of that weight is on the rotator.  If you are using mast and
a bearing there is no weight on the rotator. Even if you did not have a
bearing the mast and antenna weight may be only 150 pounds. The only
number that you should be concerned with is the Sq Ft rating of the
rotator and the antenna load Sq Ft. BTW I would not recommend using
galvanized pipe with this antenna. Pipe is not designed for structural
applications and could bend or fracture.

John KK9A