[TowerTalk] Ugly Baun

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ugly Baun
From: Russ Dearmore via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 06:06:50 +0000 (UTC)
I've been using the ugly balun for several years now ever since frying my older
one and have been pleased and was wondering what others thought of them.  I'm a
day away from the big pour and will raise the new TX-472 in about 30 days, and
thought of maybe trying another balun since I'll be experimenting anyway.  For
awhile I'll just keep using my TGM MQ-26, (10, 12, 15, 17 and 20) to see how
raising it from 32' to 82' will affect results.  Later I'll probably put a 20M
M Squared 3 element mono at about 73 feet or 9' below it, since I'm seeking a
broader bandwidth on 20m for contesting.  So any recommendations on a different
balun?   My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!