Re: [TowerTalk] Ugly Baun

To: "Russ Dearmore" <champsruss@yahoo.com>, "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ugly Baun
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 08:12:51 -0800
HECK NO, DON'T CHANGE! I am using an Ugly Balun on my 40/80 droopy dipole, and it's been up there for about 7 years now, and I have not a drop of TVI nor other RFI issues that I know of, in a downtown environment...my beam does not work as I type, methinks because of the infamous BN-86. My Stepp-ir that is awaiting install shall have an Ugly on it, and I have built one awaiting my 6M beam install. I have run legal power into my Ugly a lot of the time with NO issues..I've tried all sorts of antenna fuses in the last 51 years of hamming, and have determined the UGLY is the way to go. Mine uses 21' of RG-14 wound on a Costco mayonnaise jar (empty!). Main thing is to NOT overlap the turns! Those of you who are doubters, try one .. you shall be pleased! Worky-Worky!
73  -  MARK  AA6DX  Eureka, CA
Our flag is flying for Veterans Day!

-----Original Message----- From: Russ Dearmore via TowerTalk