Re: [TowerTalk] Need balun advice

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need balun advice
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:11:05 -0500
Working 300 countries is also not an indicator of antenna performance but
it is the gauge that many people use.  SWR is the easiest thing that we
can measure and if it does not match the antenna design it is a good
indicator that something is wrong. If the antenna had 1.3:1 SWR and now
it's 2:1 something in the antenna system changed and it is worth
investigating. If it is just interaction, often this effects SWR and F/B
more than gain and it may be acceptable. I model all of my antennas before
installing them to see what the interaction effects will be, sometimes the
results are surprising.

John KK9A