Re: [TowerTalk] How to "lock down" wire rope clamps/clips?

To: "kr2q@optimum.net" <kr2q@optimum.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to "lock down" wire rope clamps/clips?
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:38:06 -0800
Nicopress sleeves.

Ken K6MR

From: kr2q@optimum.net
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2015 08:48
To: towertalk@contesting.com

Over the years, it seems that most antenna manufacturers have moved to using
some form
of Nylock nuts (the nuts with the nylon insert for "high vibration"
applications).

I have seen this on my Cushcraft XM series monobanders, on my Optibeams, and
most recently
on my SteppIR (DB36).

With respect to the latter, the cable clips just use a single nut to compress
down on the wire
cable. There is no locking nut, no lock washer, no Nylock, etc.

Why is this?  I have heard from others that this can be, and has been, a point
of failure.

What method would you suggest to ensure that these wire rope clamps do not
loosen up over time?  Just electrical tape?

RSVP

Thanks
de Doug KR2Q