Re: [TowerTalk] Oil for Dummy Load

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Oil for Dummy Load
From: Don <k9muf@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:12:50 +0000 (UTC)
About 15 years ago, I put silicone DOT-5 brake fluid in my Cantenna. I thought
that the 500 degree F boiling point would be a safety feature. I have no idea
what the electrical properties are.

I just pulled the lid off of it and the oil still looks good, but I don't use
it much.

Does anybody have an opinion about using brake fluid ?

Don,  K9MUF

----- Original Message -----From: n0tt1@juno.comTo:
TowerTalk@contesting.comSent: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 03:04:57 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re:
[TowerTalk] Oil for Dummy Load

Just a thought...I seem to recall that there was some infoon a list about
Cantenna oil that was posted long ago....there were some recommendations for a
type of automotivetransmission oil as a good substitute for theoriginal
transformer oil. Google for more complete info..

73,Charlie, N0TT