Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Connection to tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Connection to tower
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 20:22:15 -0500
Guys should attach to a guy bracket! A guy bracket is a substantial assembly of 1/4" steel on a 25G. I don't know the width, but think it's probably about 1.5 inches. The bracket assembly completely encircles the tower. True you can get by with less on a lightly loaded, short tower.

That we can get away with less often gets translated and used for taller towers. Thirty feet with out guys? How do you work on antennas? Hinge it at the base? I know of one ham who is permanently disabled and living on pain pills when a 30' 25G broke over.

How about insurance?

73

Roger  (K8RI)