Re: [TowerTalk] Getting my head around the number of guy lines for the A

To: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Getting my head around the number of guy lines for the AB-621 military mast
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 14:05:00 -0500
There were two types of 621 produced, some had 3 guys points on the guy
rings, some had 4 guy points on the guy rings. Look at your guy rings to
see which you have. Mine has three.

I have my 621 guyed at the launcher (of course) plus mid way and full
height. The full height ring slips over the nose cone.

I now have 10 tubes total on my 621 for a bit over 60ft.

It has on top: an AlfaSpid RAK-1 rotator, 8ft of 1/4'x2" 6061-t6 AL mast, a
3L steppir with 30/40 trombone (a few inches above the rotator) and a 6M7
about 2ft from the top of the mast. You can have the nose cone turned down
very slightly making the RAK-1 a nice loose slip fit.

I implemented a system of auxiliary winches to permit me to keep tension on
the upper guys while raising and lowering which allows me to do it myself
or with just another helper.

Works great!

73

jim ab3cv