[TowerTalk] Getting my head around the number of guy lines for the AB-62

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Getting my head around the number of guy lines for the AB-621 military mast
From: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 09:52:31 -0800
Hi All,
I have a recently acquired AB-621 kit in storage for the winter.
In the spring, I'll be doing the installation.
I've been looking at the original PDF manual and that only seems to
provide information on dis-assembling and re-assembling the mechanical
parts.
But not much at all on the actual ground installation with a mounted
antenna etc.

I've read online, hams who have installed this mast talk about 4 guys vs
3 guys.
And I'm not sure if this is referring to the number of anchor points on
the ground or the number of anchor points up the vertical section of the
mast?
Mine will be 50 feet.

How many anchor points on the ground?
And how many guy wires per anchor point?
What gauge/type of guy line should I purchase?
Is there a recommended source for purchasing guy line and guy
connectors?

Thanks!!
N1BBR :-]
--