Re: [TowerTalk] Rope/Guying

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rope/Guying
From: Fernando González, EC1CT <ec1ct@esbesaya.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:29:49 +0100
John and all,
I´ve been using Mastrant ropes since 2007 in several sizes and for several purposes. I´m truly convinced to say it´s probably one of the best ropes available in the ham market. Not cheap of course but build to last for many many years. Started using them just to hang wire antennas and for boom trust on the long yagis and ended using on the top sections of my towers as guy wires (8mm). They didn´t strech (well, barely noticiable) and they handle with the spanish sun quite well. I strongly advice you to use the correct stainless steel hardware that Mastrant sells with their ropes as wire clips, thimbles, hooks, etc...for an excellent and durable installation. On the other hand, the guys behind the company are very friendly and always willing to help you out. Happy New Year every one. 73
Fernando EC1CT - KD0IGJ

-----Mensaje original----- From: john@kk9a.com