Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: copper or galvanized ground rods in red SC cl

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: copper or galvanized ground rods in red SC clay
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 17:39:16 -0500
 This type of meter is designed to measure the resistance of grounds at power
line frequencies. Unfortunately, lightning is an RF phenomenon with energy up
into the Mhz range. At these frequencies, the inductance of the ground system
is more important than the resistance. Relying on this type of meter to
construct
a lightning ground is not recommended.

73, Roger