Re: [TowerTalk] copper or galvanized ground rods in red SC clay

To: StellarCAT <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] copper or galvanized ground rods in red SC clay
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 12:47:18 -0600
Here's an interesting question: if the concrete base is an effective ground
connection, do you get more value by placing the rods a rod length away from
the base?

If the idea of separation is to prevent saturation during a strike, isn't the
base and rod combo at risk of saturation if the rods are too close to the base?

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone