Re: [TowerTalk] another subject: coax and cables buried or elevated abov

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] another subject: coax and cables buried or elevated above ground?
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:33:48 -0600
Gary,

I went through this exercise this past summer.

I finally decided to just bury the stuff. I went ahead and put in a couple extra runs of LMR-600 and control lines for future growth or repairs.

I had a couple direction changes on my path from the tower to the shack and decided it would be a pain to pull the cables over 300' anyways. The idea of avoiding water and critter issues was checked off on the pro side of direct burial.

Rich - N5ZC