Re: [TowerTalk] another subject: coax and cables buried or elevated abov

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] another subject: coax and cables buried or elevated above ground?
From: Michael Murphy <mike@ki8r.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 10:58:26 -0500
I went through this process last fall.  My tower is just over 200 feet
behind the house.

My yard has a mole problem. I didn't want the little critters chewing on
cables, and I knew that I would want to make changes at some point in the
future, so I opted for 4" PVC.

As a belt and suspender move, I added a drain at the lowest point of the
run (which just happened to be just before the pipe comes up out of the
ground next to the tower). I dug a hole and filled it with pea gravel and
used a T connector which is pushed down into the gravel.  I doubt there
will ever be a need for it, but just in case, it's there.

Both ends come up into boxes mounted on the tower and on the house.  I also
used duct seal to fill in the pipe on both ends after the cables were
pulled just to keep any stray critters out.  Again, belt and suspenders.

The hardest part was pulling the cable.  200 feet is a long way.

You can see what I did on my web site at www.ki8r.com.

Good luck with your project.

Mike - KI8R

*Michael Murphy - KI8R*