[TowerTalk] Finally got my crank up tilt over

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Finally got my crank up tilt over
From: Joel Wilson <joel1847@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 10:42:25 -0600
Finally got my crank up tilt over tower.  54', 3 sections, guyed and fairly
heavy duty.  It's an old Tri Ex TH 354 which I can find very little info on.
What I'm planning on doing is replacing the hand winch with an ATV winch with
braking.  Superwinch makes a 3000lb one.

http://www.amazon.com/Superwinch-1130220-LT3000ATV-fairlead-handlebar/dp/B0034ZUZM6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_469_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51GD794UKQL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1BCD5F92M22MGCQCZ87E

What I'm curious about is what about using ATV winches for the guy wires?  I
have a couple reasons for wanting this.  I want to do some experiments with
antenna height and I still need to guy the tower off but want to be able to guy
it off fairly quickly.  With the winches, I could run all the power leads to
one spot and be able to put a level on the tower as I tighten the winches one
by one being careful not to torque the whole thing down.

If anyone has any tips I'm all ears and any info on this tower like wind

Joel
norcal
kj6dif