Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Radial question

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>, Vincent Weal <vincek4jc@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Radial question
From: Drax Felton <draxfelton@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 18:46:31 -0500
I always liked this article where they optimize the length of wire you have vs. radial count vs. radial length.
http://ncjweb.com/bonus-content/k3lcmaxgainradials.pdf

The radials on my 160 meter vertical are all different lengths to fit the available space. I've made 1000's of contacts on it. I keep adding new radials over time and some have gotten broken off. Despite it all it doesn't really seem to make any difference and becomes a diminishing return.

I see no reason to make yourself crazy trying to do quarter wave plus 5%. It's going to vary based on soil conditions plus what exactly is a quarter wave radial? You'd have to measure the velocity factor radial wire. Just lay down as many as your back, wallet, and space allows.

KB3X