[TowerTalk] Ground screen ????

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground screen ????
From: "Douglas Ruz \(CO8DM\)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 22:09:49 -0500
Hi,

Need some ideas from your side...

I am trying to find a good solution for my 160/80m antenna.

I am thinking about some kind of Inv L with an 80m trap as a radiator for both
bands.

But, what about the counterpoise...Unfortunately in my small city lot I can´t
install radials and I can´t get parts for the FCP yet...what about a Ground
screen ???...I have a galvanized roof...it is about 50 ft long and 16 ft
wide...galvanized sheets are 3 by 8 ft long and all are bolted together. The
roof is about 15 ft high.

Can I use this roof as a ground screen for the 160/80m antenna ???

Thoughts ?,

73....Douglas, CO8DM
P.S:1- I finish my 50 ft tower installation.
       2- Thanks for all QSO´s on 160m before ARRL CW contest with me and with
our contest               station T48K.