[TowerTalk] Fwd: Foundation and ReBar Work

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Foundation and ReBar Work
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 14:40:58 -0500
 Just to add to the discussion:

I had (some thing you can make in concrete) a 6 x 6 foot granite plate, 8 inch
think. I drilled holes in it and attached six angle iron to it. I had a guy
with a back hoe to bury it 5 feet below ground and filled back the dirt over it
Left was the angle irons surrounded by cement. The irons were, two by two
attached to the tower legs with the same bolts that were used further up the
tower. I believe the advantage of this design is that it require lot less with
cement/concrete and you don't have to look around where to put the
'left-overs'. This holds a 85 foor alu tower. (To tower weigh ~#300) Just an
other penny.

Hans - N2JFS