Re: [TowerTalk] Foundation and ReBar Work

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Foundation and ReBar Work
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 15:36:50 -0600
Usually we think more is better. Tashjian Towers Corp (Commercial and Ham towers) recommends a minimum of 2000 psi cured strength. Maybe I'd get 2500 or 3000 on account of more is better but 5000 is probably money wasted unless you get a super sweet deal.

I need a 4x4x8 ft hole for a rebar cage to be set in concrete. I can't find a backhoe operator who can do that so will let the surface dimension widen out to 4x4++ (6 would be good but hopefully not more than 8. I can drop in a sheet of OSB to square up the sloping wall. Then drop in a bunch of bowling ball and basket ball sized rocks and pour in some redi-crete from my little mixer that does about 200 lbs per load to "glue" the rocks together and then pull the OSB and call out the cement delivery truck and fill 'er up.

I'm thinking of pouring an 8x8 ft or maybe 8x10ft slab as a working surface/floor so I won't be standing in mud next to the tower. Does that seem big enough? Too big?? Tilt accessory is beside the tower and a little larger footprint so need maybe a couple more feet in that direction.

Patrick        Nj5G