[TowerTalk] Unknown Antenna

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Unknown Antenna
From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <taholmes160@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:11:54 -0400
Good Evening Everyone:

This past weekend, I was given an Brand New Still in the wood packing crate antenna. I dont yet know what specific model number it is, but its a 900 series antenna made by Andrew Corporation. On the instruction sheet is the following information

Andrew Corporation
363 East 75th Street
Chicago 19
Triangle 4-4400
Telegraph - Andrew Corporation, WUX Chicago
Cable - Andcorp, Chicago, ILL.

There is no date of printing on the instructions, and I am hesitant to take the parts of the antenna out of the box, as they are still in the original packaging in there.

- My friend's dad apparently purchased it but never opened it, and it has sat in my friend's carport ever since -- my friend is 87.

Given the typeography etc, I would suspect that this is a product of the early to mid 50s, but I dont know for sure

The instructions identify the 900 series of antennas as

25 to 144 MCS folded unipole antenns

I really dont know much about this antenna. I am curious about its performance and also what it might be worth on the market as well

If anyone can give me any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

TIM
W8TAH