Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting a mast off the rotator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting a mast off the rotator
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 00:13:20 -0400
I have a "pry bar" that the end will fit under the mast in my PST61, The pivot point is only a couple inches from the end while the bar is about 2' long, that gives me a 2: 22 multiple (11:1 ), or 400#/11 = 36# on the lever to lift 400. Using that in my system allows me to lift the mast about 1" On my system when we installed the antennas, I simply used a u-bolt clamp, to serve as an anchor point on the mast for a come along.this lifted the mast with the antennas in place. The mast was then clamped in place using a thrust bearing, A 1" block was placed on top of the PST61, centered under the mast clamp the come along was hooked to the u-bolt mast clamp and used to lower the mast into the rotator mast clamp and onto that 1" block for spacing.

Possibly some of this may be of help giving you ideas.

73

Roger (K8RI)