Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a Short Rotatable Dipole or...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a Short Rotatable Dipole or...
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:00:52 -0400

Looking at DX Engineering's "Hot Rodz" capacity hats and Hustler mobile
coils, it would seem that one could design a rotatable dipole of any
arbitrary length by selecting the appropriate capacity hat and coil.

Obviously, one would need access to the tools to create an adapter to
attach the loading coils to the ends of the dipole elements.  However,
an aluminum dipole of roughly 30' (starting  1.5" diameter and tapering
to 1") with end loading should be reasonable.  A 36 to 40 foot dipole
would not be out of the question.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV