Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a Short Rotatable Dipole or...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a Short Rotatable Dipole or...
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:49:22 -0400
Just another thought:

30' pole on the roof supporting 5 center fed, half wave sloping dipoles. I have used a couple, but if you have the room, use the 5 switched dipoles. I believe it's in either the ARRL handbook, or the Antenna handbook.. They are simple, seem to work stateside and DX. Switched as in the handbook, the have a little gain and a bit of a F/B that really helps.

Even 2 or three will give a bit of directivity. I'm thinking of switching to 75/40 fan dipoles and experiment with the 5 antennas instead of just a single monoband on 75 and one on 40 at present. Wire is cheap and easy to experiment with. I've worked all continents with just two 40 meter slopers and an AV640 (on 40) at 25 feet.

73

Roger (K8RI)