Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Choice for Larger Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Choice for Larger Yagi
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 04:44:18 -0400
The HDR 200 and 300 rotators use spur gears and a wedge brake making them a poor example. They are basically a Ham M on steroids. I tore up teo of them in less than 2 weeks They develop torque only when the motor is running. I will never purchase another one of those,

OTOH  the double worm gear rotators list both rotating and holding torque
Big difference!

73

Roger  (K8RI)