Re: [TowerTalk] entrance panel mounting question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] entrance panel mounting question
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 06:37:08 -0700
On 5/7/16 8:51 PM, John Schumacher wrote:
Hello all:

I have a KF7P MetalWerks cable entrance panel (great panel) that I
previously had mounted on the side of my brick house.  I now have a house
with vinyl siding.  The hole for the cables to pass into the house is on
the back of the panel.  I want to properly mount this and drill and seal in
such a way as to prevent leaks. I would appreciate any advice.  I am going
to  put up a Windom, a 2/440 vertical and a Diamond Discone.

Also, my new shack is on the second floor so any advice about lengths of
ground wire would be appreciated.  I have 2 inch copper strapping that I
will be using to run a bond to the house electrical ground.

I'd use ordinary 12AWG house wire to bond to the house's grounding system (electrical safety ground - green wire - third prong). It's not carrying RF as part of your antenna (hopefully), so low AC resistance isn't important.

Strap is used when you want low AC resistance for minimum loss, like when connecting radial fields to a vertical antenna or in a tuning network.