Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp Connector Tools?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp Connector Tools?
From: Bryan Fields <Bryan@bryanfields.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 14:01:10 -0400
On 5/14/16 1:06 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> Who are the recommended connector manufacturers of crimp-on connectors
> for these different size cables, and what tools do I need to install
> them. I've noted that ratcheted crimpers range from $15 to $400, and
> that Times Microwave makes their own connectors and tools for their LMR
> series cables.

If you want to use Times cable use the EZ series connectors.  These are all
silver plated and rated for the cable.

Tessco PN       Cost            Description
59520           0.62            LMR400/ft
593140          54.86           Davis Crimp tool and Die for LMR400
591424          98.45           Cable Prep Tool, LMR400
338985          6.42            EZ N Male connector, LMR400
419089          13.02           EX UHF Male Connector, LMR400

Order from Tessco, it's just so much easier.  Their after sales support is
awesome.

73's
--
Bryan Fields