Re: [TowerTalk] PL 259 crimp connectors for RG 400

To: Mike Reublin NF4L <nf4l@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL 259 crimp connectors for RG 400
From: Mark Spencer via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 16:33:01 -0700
Thanks Mike.   The vendor has been quite helpful in figuring out is happening
here.

At this point I believe the issue is primarily due to the strands of the centre
conductor expanding a small amount when I strip the cable.    I've got another
batch of generic connectors and if they don't fit I expect I'll just enlarge
the hole in the centre pin a bit (there appears to be lots of extra material in
the pin to facilitate this) or trim the centre conductor and move on to my next
project.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ