Re: [TowerTalk] Raising a TH-11 DX antenna

To: w8qwdave@casair.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising a TH-11 DX antenna
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 11:03:46 -0400
Dave

I have done a full sized 3 EL 40 more than once.

You have 2 choices, tram and crane.

The Tram works very well if you have the space to set it up.  You'll need
at least space to run the tram line from the top of the gyn pole in both
directions at least 100ft (or more) in each direction.

Ensuring that that antenna keeps its proper flat orientation is a science
in rope.  :)  You have to also be able to untie it when your are up there.

Crane.. is the best choice.  It now becomes an hour job at most.  It is the
safest for people and antenna and is well worth the expense.

I would not consider sliding it up the guy wires.  I have done that and it
does eventually flip over (ask me how I know).  :)

What you can do is go talk to the owner of a crane company for a cash
Saturday job.  That what I have done.  You may find out it isn't that
expensive.

Mike va3mw