Re: [TowerTalk] Raising a TH-11 DX antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising a TH-11 DX antenna
From: charlie carroll <k1xx@k1xx.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:10:34 -0400
I've used both the 2 wire slide and tram methods.  I found the tram
method to be best.  Read Ed's post.  Strong agreement with Ed's
comments.  Another poster suggested using a tiller on the antenna's
boom.  Strong agreement with that approach too, especially if your guy
wires are at the very top of your tower.  Being able to tilt the
elements will help as the element tips approach the guy wires.  Having
tag lines at the boom ends will also help.

I would not use a 2 wire system where they both attach to the top of the
tower.  The antenna will become more unstable the closer it gets to the
top of the tower.  I actually used an 8-foot cross arm at the top of the
tower.  At the end, it wasn't easy.  Stick to the tram system.

73 charlie, k1xx