Re: [TowerTalk] New FAA regulations affecting towers

To: Ed <navydude1962@yahoo.com>, Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New FAA regulations affecting towers
From: "James Gordon Beattie, Jr." <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 16:20:27 -0700
Hi Foljs,

A couple of concerns...

What is the definition of "adjacent"?

This lets the FAA bureaucrats decide.

Why is the FAA going below its traditional 200' or airport runway proximity
rules?

FAA approved lighting isn't cheap...better put goats or chickens under your
towers as farms are excluded.

Painting in approved red and white requires even more maintenance.

Any thoughts as to how this snuck up on us?

73,

Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

201.314.6964

Sent from AT&T Mail on Android