Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 20:40:41 -0700
Rick,

I don't see a conflict with what I've written on this topic. Unless you're expecting a complete treatise on the topic in every email. :) I've repeatedly posted links to a complete discussion of these issues. A couple of posts back in this thread, I specifically said that the primary reason for using LARGER coax is that the resistance is lower because the shield and conductor diameters are greater, and that skin effect is directly related to conductor diameter. Several posters, including me, noted the relationship between frequency and conductor resistance. Must every concept be repeated in every post in a long thread?

73, Jim K9YC