[TowerTalk] Pretension an antenna.

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pretension an antenna.
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 05:29:37 -0400
I purchased a simple device at the local hardware store. Simple and cheap. It's just a pair oe metal pieces mounted on a flat plate. You put the line/rope to the end of the antenna between the two pieces, press them against the rope and pull. The harder you pull the tighter it grips. I use a simple winch to pull on that clamp and tie the rope off on what ever is desired. I've forgotten the name of the device, but they are often used to pretension guy lines before installing the "Big Grips".

73

Roger (K8RI)

---