Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator and Beam advice requested

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator and Beam advice requested
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 01:28:54 -0400
Doesn't retracting the tape after every session create extra wear on the tape and other moving parts. BR/CU tape doesn't have an infinite life,

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 8/21/2016 Sunday 11:19 PM, Ron W8RJL wrote:
You are both right.
Retract, "Home", the SteppIR elements to reduce chance of lightning strike and in case a fiberglass tube falls off you don't want the wind to whip around the copper tape.
I always HOME my 3 element SteppIR when I finish operating for the day.
73, Ron W8RJL

----- Original Message ----- From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>