[TowerTalk] UST Sheaves

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] UST Sheaves
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 05:47:44 -0700
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:56:52 -0700
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UST Sheaves

Thanks for the info.  Good supplier for our sheaves !
Prices very reasonable.  I am thinking about replacing all my sheaves on
my HDX589.
Will take them to my local machine shop and have new waterproof sealed
bearings pressed
in as we discussed earlier.
I am anal about maintenance on my tower.  I recently replaced the
worm drive reduction gearbox lube with a synthetic lube as per Hub Citys
recommendation.
We need to drain the gearbox lube periodically and replace with fresh
lube anyway, I figured go with the
best lube.

Bob
K6UJ

##  somebody needs to get a memo to UST asap..and tell em to use the correct
sheaves.
While you at it, tell em to use 100% synthetic in the gear box...and not dino
oil.

##  I counted  22 sheaves on my UST  HDX-689.  UST wants like $150.00  to
replace each one.

Jim   VE7RF