Re: [TowerTalk] Pulling long length of 7/8 hardline in conduit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pulling long length of 7/8 hardline in conduit
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:28:28 -0700
On Fri,9/2/2016 10:54 AM, Mitch wrote:
I'm looking for anyones experience with pulling a long
(almost 400ft) length of 7/8" hardline in underground  conduit. I have 4"
conduit which will have a number of sweeps in it.

That sounds awfully tough to me. WHY does this run need to be in conduit? Are you going under a road? FWIW, hard line lives quite well laying on the ground as long as you're not driving over it. My neighbor K6XX and I both have a lot of 7/8-in laying on the ground, and he has some bigger stuff.

If your reason is to go under a road, can you shorten the section of the run that's in conduit by only using conduit to get under the road?

73, Jim K9YC