Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 09:11:39 -0700
Jim,
Thanks for the good information on connectors. To order male 7-16 DIN male connectors
for Davis Bury Flex do I order the ones for RG-213 ?

Bob
K6UJ

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 19:03:50 -0700
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Message-ID:
<93b47c3c-0de9-264d-7e3d-5f9f7ad1139b@pacbell.net>

Gerald,

Thanks for the info !

Bob
K6UJ

##  I got a bunch of  7-16 din  chassis  connectors from this outfit in peabody
mass, forget the name of the place,
well known though.    Bought the din crimp type connectors for my 393 coax from
DAVIS RF...along with the crimping tool.
same crimping tool also does a bunch of other size coax cable.

##  My make dins for my LMR-1200 DB  cames from times microwave, they are clamp
type  for the braid only, They used an expanding
ferrule thingy, on the inside of the hollow  cu tubing center conductor.

##  You can get 7-16 dins for everything from RG-174 /   RG-58 /59...to  rg
393, rg-6, rg-213,  lmr 400-500-600-900-1200-1800.
and every size heliax cable ever made.

##  Nobody makes a din to  uhf adaptor,  only  Type N  to din.  I used a din
male... to type N female adaptor... then a N male to uhf female...as
a  quick way to attach test gear /MFJ-259  etc to stuff.

##  They also make a 7-16 Din  chassis  connector..... that is unique, tapered
down  at chassis end, such that the 4 x  mounting holes are 1 inch square,
the exact same hole pattern as used on a type N female chassis  connector......
and also a UHF chassis connector.   The idea here of course, is a simple
method to easily convert any former  type N  female chassis  conncetor to  a
7-16 din,  in minutes flat.   Normal 7-16 din chassis female uses  a  1.25
inch square flange  with a bigger 4 x hole c-c spread than a type N / SO-239.

##  and yes you can stuff 20 kw through a 7-16  din.

Jim   VE7RF